From everything we know at this time, the social distancing and travel restrictions due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) will be lifted by June 1, 2020 which is well before our event in October.
Register with Confidence. As of March 17, 2020 thru June 1, 2020* our refund policy is amended to the following:
2. Refunds. For COVID-19 related reasons, participants may request a refund for all sales and Payment Plan installment payments made. Alternatively, you may transfer your registration to another individual instead of a refund. You must write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
The Standard refund policy will be re-established retroactively after June 1, 2020.
*Given the fluidity of the situation, we may extend the date. As stated in our standard Terms & Conditions, if HOA cancels the Event, refunds will be issued.
These Terms are an agreement between Heart of America Arab Cultural Arts, Heart of America Belly Dance, its representatives, agents, and employees (“HOA”) and you or the entity you represent (“you”). By registering for or participating in this HOA event (“Event”), you confirm that you have read, understand and agree to these Terms. The Terms may be modified at any time by posting a revised version on the HOA website or by providing other notice to you. By participating in the Event, you agree to the latest version of these Terms.
1. Registration. To register for the Event, you must complete the Event registration process and pay all required registration fees prior to any deadlines described on the HOA website and the Payment Plan page. Registrants of the event and/or any associated ancillary event (collectively, “Registrants”) cannot “share” a ticket.
2. Refunds. All sales and Payment Plan installment payments are final. Refunds will not be issued. You may transfer your registration to another individual. You must send details of the transfer to HOA in writing to email@example.com.
3. Payment Plan. You may cancel your Payment Plan at any time.
4. Payment. HOA reserves the right to cancel your registration without notice for failure to pay in accordance with these Terms. HOA is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, resulting from such cancellation.
5. Competition. Competition Registrants have read the competition information published on the website and agree to follow all rules and guidelines. Each competition category must have a minimum of five (5) entries in order to be presented. If HOA cancels any competition category, refunds for the Competition Entry Fee will be issued to the buyer or the fee can be applied toward additional classes or show tickets. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and are not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Any U.S. tax resident receiving $600 or more in prize money from HOA will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Any person winning $600 or more must provide HOA with their name, address, phone number, and Tax Identification Number before any Cash prize will be awarded.
6. Event Program and Cancellation by Us. The Event program is subject to change. HOA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make changes to the Event program. Every effort will be made to keep instructors as represented. However, unforeseen circumstances may result in the substitution of workshop topic(s) or instructor(s) including the Competition program. HOA may cancel the Event at any time and may deny, limit or cancel a registration at any time. HOA is not responsible for any damages, direct or indirect, including but not limited to transportation and accommodation costs resulting from such cancellation. If HOA cancels the Event, refunds will issued to the buyer. Ticket processing and or service fees are non-refundable.
7. Code of Conduct. You agree to behave in such a way as to create a safe, supportive learning environment while at the Event and any related events. You agree not to engage in disruptive speech or behavior or otherwise interfere with the Event or other individuals’ participation in the Event. You will comply with all applicable laws and agree not to engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory or threatening speech or behavior, including relating to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability. HOA may require participants engaging or threatening to engage in such behavior to leave the Event or related event immediately and such participants will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to HOA related to the Event. If you witness such behavior, please promptly contact an HOA staff member so direct action can be taken.
8. License to Use Items. In consideration of the opportunity to participate in the Event, you grant to HOA and its affiliates, agents, employees and assigns an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free right and license throughout the world and in perpetuity to reproduce, edit, publish, distribute or translate, for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes or for any other purpose relating to their business, all or any part of the following items (“Items”): (a) all still photographs and all audio and video recordings that HOA or its independent contractors make of you or your voice or likeness in connection with the Event, including the right to use your name, likeness and biographical information, and (b) all materials (electronic or hard copy) submitted or presented by you in connection with the Event, including any materials submitted via social media handles associated with the Event. You consent to the use of the Items pursuant to the foregoing in perpetuity without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from you and waive any moral rights you may have in the Items.
9. Assumption of Risk. You acknowledge and agree that your attendance and participation in the Event is voluntary. The Event will include strenuous physical activity, consisting of dance instruction and dance performances. You acknowledge that you are in good physical condition and do not suffer from any disability that cause injury to you or others. You agree to assume the risks associated with attending and participating in the Event to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law.
10. Release of Claims. To the extent permissible by applicable law, you (for yourself, your heirs, personal representatives, assigns, and anyone else who might make a claim on your behalf) hereby release HOA and its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns, from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, suits, damages, losses, debts, liabilities, costs and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) that you may have now or in the future associated in any way with the Event or the Items.
You have read and agree to all the foregoing terms and conditions.